2. THE ORDERLY RAIN that had all the raindrops falling in tidy sets of twindrops and tripletdrops, planned and organized and run by the AIs.
3. THE SILKIE RAIN out over the ocean, that was so thick and dark we couldn't see the waves through it, and was louder even than the surf.
4. THE FAIRIE RAIN, that was studded with rainbows and halos, and with garlands of light.
5. THE GENTLE DREAMING RAIN that fell on the people in the streets below who were dancing round and round, and fell on the swords and guns and uniforms all scattered on the ground.
6. THE ELVEN RAIN that was hard and fast and like arrows stinging our skin, so that we tried to turn our backs to it and keep it off our faces, but we found that every time we turned around we were turned around again and there was no escaping it, and we wondered what we had done to deserve that.
7. THE BANSHEE RAIN that blew in with a wailing howling wind and was vicious in our ears, even though our hearts ached for the poor sorrowing creatures.
8. THE BROWNIE RAIN that went about carefully and thoroughly washing our cars and our trucks and our trains and our houses, and watering our lawns and our parks and our gardens.
9. THE FAIRY GODMOTHER RAIN that brought splendid gifts and dropped them for all the babies.
10. THE DRAGON RAIN that chased us across the fields and down the roads and wrapped us all up tight in warm wetness.